This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Confidentiality & Your Data

Confidentiality & Your Data

Please see our Privacy Notice below:

Privacy Notice

How to opt of sharing your data


There are different options for sharing your information held at your GP practice and this information is to help you understand what these are and how you can manage this.


Your Summary Care Record is a short summary of your GP medical records. It tells other health and care staff who care for you about the medicines you take and your allergies.

This means they can give you better care if you need health care away from your usual doctor's surgery:

  • in an emergency
  • when you're on holiday
  • when your surgery is closed
  • at out-patient clinics
  • when you visit a pharmacy


SCRs improve care, but if you don't want to have one you can opt out. Tell your GP or fill in an SCR opt-out form and give it to your GP practice.

More information  can be found at


Type 1 and Type 2 Objections

You can also control your personal confidential information by expressing an objection, or opt-out.

Whilst GP s surgeries can still manage Type I opt out objections they can no longer manage Type 2 objections.


A Type 1 opt-out, when present in your GP record, should prevent identifiable information about you being extracted from your GP record, and uploaded to any other organisation, for purposes other than your direct care.  You need to inform the Surgery in writing that you wish to have a Type 1 objection coded in your record. With a Type 1 objection your information is not shared with NHS Digital


A Type 2 opt  out, now known as the National Opt  out prevents the  sharing  of your  records for Care  planning  and  research, you r  data  remains within NHS Digital.  To set a Type 2 Objection Patients will now need to go to the ‘Your NHS Data Matters ‘ website

Please see the link below for information:

How we use your health record information

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website