Are you eligible for the Shingles jab?
Try the shingles jab calculator to find out.
Click the link below...
The current eligible cohorts are as follows:
- patients aged 70 years, on or after their 70th birthday
- patients aged 78 years, on or after their 78th birthday
- patients who were eligible for immunisation in the previous programme years but have not yet been vaccinated against shingles.
- anyone in their 70s who was born on or after 2/9/1942
- 79 year olds (until their 80th birthday).
What is Shingles?
Shingles (also known as herpes zoster) is caused by the reactivation of an infection of a nerve and the area of skin that it serves, resulting in clusters of painful, itchy, fluid-filled blisters. These blisters can burst and turn into sores that eventually crust over and heal. These blisters usually affect an area on one side of the body, most commonly the chest but sometimes also the head, face and eye.
For more information regarding the Shingles disease and vaccination please follow the link below: